- 1. First and foremost, you want to prepare your Canon Wireless Printer for the Setup. This involves its Hardware Setup.
2. Now, place the Printer on a stable and flat surface within the signal range of your Canon Wireless Router.
3. Next, you ought to cautiously unbox the Printer. then , clear the machine from all the packaging material.
4. Then, remove all the plastic tapes from every section without damaging the machine.
5. Thereafter, connect the Printer to a stable Power Source sort of a Wall Outlet using the accompanying cord . Then, switch it on.
6. After that, activate the Printer by pressing its Power button. Now, make sure that its “Power Lamp” is stable and lit.
7. Subsequently, found out its “Paper Tray”. Then, properly load it with plain A4 size white sheets
8. As a result, it'll begin the initialization and alignment process for your Canon Wireless Printer. Hence, wait while the method completes.
Connect Printer To The Network
- 1. To begin with, attach your Canon Wireless Printer to an influence Source and switch it On. you want to make sure that its Power Lamp must be lit and stable.
2. Now, access the Printer’s instrument panel. Here, you'll notice a Wireless button. it's a push with a “Wireless” icon which will be easily identified.
3. Next, you ought to Press and Hold this Wireless button. you've got to carry it until the Wireless Lamp blinks once. Wireless Lamp is a pilot light located beside the button. Therefore, Release the button after it blinks.
4. Thereafter, the Indicator Light will turn blue. As such, approach your Router. Here, you'll find a WPS Push-button. Hence, press and hold this button within two minutes of the last step.
5. As such, your Printer’s pilot light will blink continuously. this suggests that the Printer is checking out Networks available within the range.
6. After a short time, your Printer’s Power Lamp also will start blinking alongside the pilot light. this means that the Printer is trying to attach to the Network. Hence, wait until both the facility and pilot light stops blinking. However, they need to remain lit and stable.
7. As a result, your Canon Wireless Printer is securely connected to the Network. Now, it's ready to be used. However, it's necessary to make sure that it's connected to the right Network.
8. In order to try to do this, you want to perform a Test Print. For this, make sure that the Printer is loaded properly with a stack of plain A4 size white sheets.
9. Now, search your Printer’s instrument panel for the Resume button. Hence, Press and Hold an equivalent.
10. As a result, the pilot light next thereto will blink continuously for fifteen times.
11. Here, it's important to stay track of the signals from the pilot light. In other words, you want to accurately count it.
12. Subsequently, release the Resume button once the pilot light blinks fifteen times.
13. Consequently, your Canon Wireless Printer will print a Test Sheet showcasing Network Information.
14. Now, carefully check the small print on this Test Sheet. Here, you want to make sure that the SSID must display your Network’s correct name.
Prepare The Laptop
In order to attach Wireless Printer to Laptop, you want to make sure that both the Printer and therefore the Laptop are connected to an equivalent “Network”. Once both the devices are linked to the Network, proceed to put in the specified “Driver” package on your Laptop. Then, add a Printer to the Laptop.
Install Printer Driver
In the very first place, you ought to download the specified Driver for your Canon Printer. For this, you'll either attend the official Setup website for your Printer. On the webpage, locate and download the driving force Software specified for your Printer Model and Laptop’s OS. Else, you'll use the Installation CD accompanying your Printer if your Laptop features a CD drive.
- 1. First of all, insert the Installation CD in your Laptop’s disc drive.
2. As a result, your Laptop will automatically run the software package and launch the Installer.
3. Now, click “Run” on its AutoPlay window.
4. After that, you'll get the User Account Control Box. Here, you ought to click “Yes” or “Continue” to allow Installation. Another key point to recollect is that just in case if the User Account Control Box reappears. Then, click “Yes” or “Continue” again to proceed further.
5. Next, you'll get the Welcome Window. Here, you ought to click on the “Language” button and choose an appropriate language. Then, click “Next”.
6. On the subsequent “Install .NET Framework” window, click “Yes” to put in the specified software.
7. The following window prompts you to settle on your country or region. Hence, select appropriately. Then, click “Next”.
8. As a result, it'll take you to the “License Agreement” window. Hence, carefully read the terms. Then, accept the terms by clicking on the “Yes” button.
9. Thereafter, you'll get an inventory of software available for installation on the subsequent windows. Hence, select the software for installation. Then, click “Next”.
10. After that, you'll get the “Extended Survey Program” window. Here, you want to carefully read the program details. this is often an optional program. Hence, you'll either join it or leave it as per your preference. Therefore, click “Agree” or “Disagree” as per your choice.
11. Then, you'll get the Firewall Settings window. Now, tick marks the checkbox beside “Deactivate the Block”. Then, click “Next”.
12. In the subsequent window, you'll get the “Network Connection” and “Printer” information. Hence, undergo the small print and ensure it's correct. Then, click “Yes” and proceed.
13. Subsequently, select your Router from the given list on the “Select wireless router” Window. Thereafter, provide your Router’s Network Key/ Password. Then, click “Next”.
14. As a result, it'll proceed with the Setup procedure which can take a while. Meanwhile, it'll also disable your internet connection temporarily.
15. Hence, await the “Network Connection” Setup to finish properly. you'll get a notification on the subsequent window. Here, you ought to click “Next” and proceed further.
16. Subsequently, a subsequent window will confirm “Setup has been completed”. Hence, click “Complete” to end the Setup process.
17. Thereafter, restart your Laptop.
* For Windows
- • To begin with, open the beginning Menu by clicking on the Windows icon.
• Now, click “Control Panel” > “Hardware and Sound” > “Devices and Printer” > “Add a Printer”.
• Next, you ought to select your Canon Wireless Printer from the list of obtainable Printers. Then, click “Next”.
• After successfully adding the Printer, run a Test Print to make sure that Printer is correctly connected to the Laptop.
* For Mac
- • To begin with, click on the “Apple” icon.
• Now, click “System Preferences” > “Printers & Scanners” > “Preferences”.
• Next, you ought to click on the “Plus” sign.
• On the subsequent window, click on the “Add Printer” button or “Plus” sign.
• Then, select your Canon Wireless Printer from the list of obtainable Printers.
• Thereafter, click on “Select Printer Software” and choose your Canon Wireless Printer from the given list.