Wireless Connection Options
Do confine mind that there’s quite one sort of wireless connections. you'll have a Bluetooth-enabled printer or a commonly used Wi-Fi printer. If your printer connects over Bluetooth rather than WiFi, there would be slight variations within the setup procedures.Once you've got determined your printer’s connectivity type, you've got to form a couple of more choices supported your printer’s model and network setup. you'll install the printer on to your home network if it's a monitor . Most wireless printers have alittle monitor that you simply can use to seek out and hook up with your home network. Else, you would like to link the printer to your computer via USB and configure it.You also have the choice of sharing a printer that's wired with a computer on your network. this is often because some older or budget printers got to be hard-wired with a computer to be shared on the network.Printers directly connected to the network are readily accessible by both Windows and Mac OS. Contrary thereto , printer wired to a computer then shared are often operated only by devices running an equivalent OS. Moreover, the most connected computer should remain on to form use of the printer. this will complicate things in any work group. Hence, if possible, stick with printer installation on to the network. this may ensure convenient and maximum usability.
Choose Your Model
Canon Pixma Printer
With powerful features packed into incredibly compact bodies, the Canon PIXMA range of home and photo printers offer a high-quality printing solution. It takes complete creative control of your images with the Canon PIXMA. Powerful software of this outstanding inkjet printer range is meant for simplified yet stunning, quality prints. Its sleek, stylish and compact design truly compliments its quality, speed, and efficiency.
Canon Maxify Printer
Canon MAXIFY takes complete creative control of your images. it's dedicated to Support you by giving high-quality photos and pictures. this is often ultimately built to satisfy your all printing requirements. Maximum Print Speed and Quality Performance of this Robust design are bound to multiply your business. Specifically built for heavy-duty usage, this reliable printer meets all of your printing demands with personalized effective outputs.
Canon Laser Printer
Canon Laser Printers produce high-quality graphics and texts. Laser printing is an electrostatic digital printing that takes complete care of your images. Hence built to satisfy the results that you simply deserve. Fast printer with Brilliant Design meant for brand spanking new Age commercial enterprise takes complete care of all of your printing needs. Canon electrostatic printer offers Enhanced Security Solutions with Advanced Personalized Usability.
Canon Selphy Printer
Canon SELPHY isn't only attractive thanks to its sleek and stunning design but it delivers amazing printing quality to satisfy your needs of printing. Canon Selphy meets all of your printing requirements. Compact, Elegant, and Portable printer with a spread of print functions and Intuitive User-interface guarantees for a fun-filled printing experience and Exceptional Usability and Intelligent Digitization full of functions.
Once, you're through with these crucial decisions; we will safely move ahead to the important work. Canon wireless printer allows you to print from anywhere without bothering to stay round the printer. However, your printer and computer placement must consider a couple of things. Both must remain within the connectivity range of your network router.
Connecting an Access Point
Canon Wireless Printer Setup consists of just two steps: establishing the Wi-Fi connection between the printer and network and installing the driving force so you'll command the printer. Establishing the Wi-Fi connection depends on your network access point. Access Points are commonly referred to as routers or hubs. Some feature the convenient WPS setup while others depend upon a more traditional method. you want to check your router’s manuals to verify this or can contact your router manufacturer for an equivalent. supported your router’s specification, you want to proceed with either WPS Connection Method or Standard Connection Method.
WPS Connection Method
You confirmed that there's a physical WPS push on your router and needs to end the Canon Wireless Printer Setup soon. But you're not done yet. there's certainly other information that you simply need for the setup. make sure that your network is secure i.e. it must be using WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) or WPA2 security protocol. you'd also need certain information regarding your network hub. you want to have the network’s SSID (i.e. its name) and therefore the network password handy for Canon Wireless Printer Setup. If you don’t have it, ask your network provider.
- 1. Turn On your printer.
2. Now, press and hold the Wi-Fi button located on the highest of the printer. Keep it pressed till the alarm lamp flashes once.
3. Once the lamp next to the present button starts to flash blue, approach your access point i.e. your router. Press it’s WPS button within 2 minutes. The (blue) Wi-Fi lamp on the printer will continue ﬂashing while searching, and therefore the power and Wi-Fi lamp will flash when connecting to the access point. As a successful connection is established between the printer and router; the power and WiFi lamp will stop flashing and remains lit.
4. Now you would like to verify that printer has been successfully configured by printing out the network settings of your printer. Carefully load a sheet of A4-sized plain paper. Press and hold the Resume/ Cancel button until the alarm lamp flashes 15 times then release it. this may print the network settings page. Here, you want to confirm certain details. The “Connection” status should be “Active”. The SSID – Service Set Identifier (the name of your wireless network) should indicate the right name of your wireless network.
5. This completes the WPS setup. Proceed, now, to install the software/ drivers to your computers in order that they can command the printer. For this, you'll either use the Installation CD or download the drivers from Canon’s website.
Standard Connection Method
This method is beneficial just in case if your router doesn’t support the WPS set-up.
Windows users can found out the printer using the Installation CD. just in case you don’t have the CD or have a Mac system, you'll need to download the driving force online.
1. Insert the CD and run the setup.
2. Click Next on the Initial Screen.
3. Continue with the Installer following instructions because it prompts.
4. As you reach the screen that asks you to pick between a USB and wireless connection, select the Wireless Connection.
5. Before proceeding, confirm that your printer is on. Its power lamp should be lit. Once you're sure of it, Click Next on your display screen.
- 1. The next screen will appear with a button that says hook up with the Network. Click thereon.
2. Click Cableless Setup on a subsequent screen.
3. Next window displays the Connection via Cableless setup box. This step is extremely crucial. Press and hold the printer’s WiFi button. Hold it till the orange alarm lamp flashes twice. Release it after the second flash.
4. After you release the button, the blue WiFi lamp will flash quickly and therefore the green Power lamp will lit up. Proceed to the next step after confirming an equivalent. At this stage, your network connections are going to be disabled momentarily.
5. Return back to your display screen and click on Next on the Connection via Cableless setup box.
- 1. The next screen will prompt you to pick your home of residence. Select your region appropriately and click on Next.
2. You will see a menu to settle on your location more precisely. Make the relevant choice and click on Next.
3. Next window provides you with an inventory of software to put in. Make the right choice and click on Next.
4. End User License Agreement will appear on a subsequent window. Scroll it right down to the very bottom and choose yes.
5. Simply click next on the subsequent screen. Just in case of any third party software blocking the installation, you'd be required to allow the installation and click on Next.
6. The following window will show the model of your printer and therefore the name (or SSID) of your wireless network. Confirm that the small print are correct.
7. After confirming the small print, click on the entire button. Await a few seconds for the method to finish.
8. Restart your computer and your Canon Printer is sweet to be used.