Standard Setup for Windows
- 1. In the very first place, you want to cautiously unbox your Printer for performing the Canon Setup process. Then, clear the Printer from all the packaging material.
2. Now, remove all the plastic tapes from all parts of the Printer without causing any damage thereto.
3. After that, properly install the Ink Cartridges and Paper Tray. Then, load the Paper Tray with a stack of specified Paper Sheets.
4. Next, you ought to place the Printer at a flat, stable surface to perform the Canon Setup process. Besides that, make sure that it's within your Router’s Signal Range.
5. Thereafter, connect it to a stable Power Source like a wall plug. For this, use its cord. Then, switch it on. then, activate the Printer. For this, press its Power button. As a result, its “Power Lamp” must be properly lit and stable.
6. Along with that, activate your Router and ensure it's functioning properly.
7. Subsequently, activate your Windows Device. Then, connect it to a high-speed Internet Network. At an equivalent time, make sure that it's an equivalent Network that you simply will use for Canon Setup.
8. Now, insert the “Installation CD” in your Computer’s disc drive. Then, click “Run” on the subsequent Autorun window. However, if it doesn’t open up automatically. Then, remove and reinsert the CD. then, attend the system’s CD-Drive under “My Computer”. Thereafter, open the Setup File by double-clicking thereon.
9. Consequently, Canon Setup will open the initial “Printer Setup” window. Hence, click “Next” to proceed further.
10. Thereafter, it'll take you to the “Connection Method Selection” window. Here, you ought to click on “Network Connection” for Canon Setup.
11. After that, click “Wireless Connection” on the subsequent window.
12. Subsequently, it'll prompt you to show it on your Printer. Hence, make sure the same by checking its “Power Lamp”. It must be stable and lit. However, if it's not lit. Then, press its “Power”/ “ON” button.
13. Now, click “Next”.
14. Next, a “Printer Setup” window will appear. Here, you ought to click on the “Connect To The Network” button.
15. After that, you'll get the “Setup Procedure Selection” window. Here, you'll get the choices for “WPS” and “Cableless Setup”. The “WPS” method works as long as your Router supports “WPS” with a push-button. On the contrary, all standard Routers can connect with the “Cableless Setup” method. However, your choice also will depend on the time taken by both methods. The “Cableless Setup” method is longer than the “WPS” option of Canon Setup. additionally thereto, it'll disable your Internet Connection temporarily. Moreover, it doesn’t work for computers with Windows XP OS.
16. As such, select the “Cableless Setup” connection and attend your Printer’s instrument panel. Now, press and hold the WiFi button till its “Power Lamp” flashes twice. Then, release it.
17. On the subsequent Installation Wizard, click “Next” if you've got completed the last step accurately. Alternatively, perform the last step another time by clicking on the “Start Again” tab.
18. Consequently, you'll notice the Printer’s blue “WiFi Lamp” starts flashing. However, its “Power Lamp” is lit and stable. Hence, click “Next” if that's the case.
19. Thereafter, the Canon Setup process will begin. it'll also disable your Internet Connection for a couple of minutes. Hence, await the method to finish.
20. On subsequent window, appropriately “Select your home of Residence”. Then, click “Next”.
21. After that, choose your Country appropriately and click on “Next”.
22. Subsequently, you'll get an inventory of obtainable software for Canon Setup. As such, appropriately select the software for installation. Although, it's recommended to click on “Select All” and install all the software.
23. After this, it'll inform you about the “disk space” required for Canon Setup. Therefore, notice an equivalent to make sure sufficient space on your system’s “Hard Disk”. Then, click “Next”.
24. As a result, it'll take you to the “License Agreement” window. Now, carefully read the whole document. Then, click “Yes” to proceed further.
25. On the subsequent Firewall Settings window, click “Next”.
26. Consequently, it'll detect your Canon Printer on the Network and hook up with it. However, it's going to prompt you to “Check Printer Settings” just in case if it cannot detect the Printer. As such, establish the connection by clicking on the “Redetect” button. it's quite possible that you simply could also be required to repeat the method multiple times on account of your network configurations. However, if the Canon Setup continues to fail. Then, check your Printer’s “Network Settings” by performing a Test Print to make sure that it's connected to the right Network. you'll be required to perform this process from the very start.
27. Finally, the “Setup Completion” window will appear showcasing your printer’s “Model Number” and “Network’s SSID (Name)”. Hence, check the small print and ensure it's correct. Thereafter, click “Complete”.
28. On the “Print Head Alignment Recommended” window, click “Next”.
29. After that, click “Next” on the “Setup Complete” window.
30. As a result, it'll suggest you for “User Registration”. Therefore, click “Next”. Then, complete the registration process by following on-screen instructions. Else, click “Cancel” if you would like to register later.
31. Now, you'll get the “Extended Survey Program” in a subsequent window. As such, closely review the small print. Then, click “Agree” or “Disagree” consistent with your choice.
32. At last, close the Canon Setup Wizard by clicking on the “Exit” tab.
Standard Setup for Mac
- 1. To begin with, prepare your Canon Printer by performing the Hardware Setup procedure as explained above for Windows Setup.
2. Then, power up both the Printer and therefore the Computer. alongside that, connect your computer to the Network with which you would like to configure your Printer.
3. Now, insert the Installation CD in your Mac’s CD drive or download the newest drivers from Canon’s official Setup Website.
4. Next, you ought to click on the “Run” tab on the subsequent pop-up box. However, within the case of online download, double-click the downloaded Setup file to urge this Security Prompt.
5. As a result, you'll get the Welcome window of the Installer. Hence, click “Next”.
6. Thereafter, accurately type in your “Mac Administrator User ID and Password” when prompted.
7. After that, click “Next”.
8. On the subsequent window, select “Network Connection”.
9. Subsequently, select “Wireless Connection” on a subsequent window for Canon Setup.
10. In order to proceed further with Canon Setup, make sure that the Printer is turned on. Then, click “Next”.
11. On the subsequent pop-up box, click “Open”.
12. Then, click the “Connect To The Network” tab.
13. Thereafter, click “Cableless Setup” for Canon Setup.
14. Subsequently, follow on-screen instructions and enable “Cableless Setup” on your Canon Printer.
15. Now, click “Allow” to allow the Canon Setup.
16. On the subsequent window, appropriately select “Your Region”. Then, click “Next”.
17. Thereafter, you ought to select software appropriately from the subsequent list of obtainable applications. Else, simply click on “Select All”. Then, click “Next”.
18. Next, you'll get the “License Agreement” window. Here, you want to carefully read the terms and click on “Yes”.
19. Consequently, it'll begin downloading and installing the software.
20. Subsequently, follow on-screen prompts to finish the “Add Printer”, “Print Head Alignment Recommended”, “User Registration”, and “Extended Survey Program” procedures.
21. At last, click “Exit” to conclude Canon Setup.