First Time fixing Canon Pixma TS3170 Install
1. First of all, activate both your Canon Pixma TS3170 wireless printer and computer. Here, you want to make sure that the printer’s “Power Lamp” is correctly lit and stable.
2. Now, press and hold the Wifi button located on the highest of the printer. Keep it pressed till the alarm lamp flashes once.
3. Once the lamp next to the present button starts to flash blue. Then, press your router’s WPS button within 2 minutes. The (blue) Wi-Fi lamp on the printer will continue ﬂashing while searching. Besides, the facility and Wi-Fi lamp will flash when connecting to the access point. However, once it establishes a successful connection between the printer and router. Then, power and WiFi lamp will stop flashing and remains lit.
4. Now, so as to verify that the printer has been successfully configured, print out the network settings of your printer. For this, you ought to carefully load a sheet of A4 size plain paper. Then, press and hold the Resume/ Cancel button until the alarm lamp flashes 15 times then release it. Consequently, it'll print the network settings page. Here, you want to confirm certain details. The “Connection” status should be “Active”. The SSID – Service Set Identifier (the name of your wireless network) should indicate the right name of your wireless network.
5. This completes the WPS setup. Now, proceed with installing the software/ drivers to your computer.
6. Next, you ought to insert the Installation CD within the computer’s CD drive . Then, click on “Download”.
7. Now, you ought to follow the on-screen instructions to finish the download. just in case if you're using browsers like Internet Explorer 9 or later, it'd prompt you for saving options. Hence, confirm to settle on the “Save As” option. Then, provide your preferred download location.
8. Subsequently, await the download to end .
9. Thereafter, you'll run the found out once the download is finished. For this, open the SetUp file that has been downloaded.
10. Then, click on “Start Setup” button on the Setup Window.
11. On subsequent screen, it'll prompt you to pick your country or region. Hence, select it appropriately. Then, click “Next”.
12. Next screen will present the “License Agreement”. Scroll it right down to rock bottom and choose “Yes”.
13. Now, you'll find the Extended Survey Program. It gives you two options to pick . you'll Agree or afflict it. As such, select appropriately. Here you'll note that just in case you comply with it, Canon will have access to certain information recorded in your printer. Your computer will collect the knowledge and send it to Canon through the web . Canon uses this information for the event and marketing of its products while maintaining the confidentiality of your data.
14. The subsequent screen provides Firewall Settings. Therefore, make sure that the choice of “Deactivate the Block” is chosen . Then, click “Next”.
15. The following screen will provide you with information regarding your network connection and printer. Confirm that the small print are correct and choose “Yes” to proceed.
16. Now, depending upon your network router, you'll get the “Select wireless router” screen or not. Here you ought to select your router and enter its network key i.e. the password. Then, click “Next” after furnishing the small print .
17. It might take a while for the Setup and your network connection could also be disabled temporarily.
18. Next window will confirm that the Network Connection has been completed. Thereafter, click “Next”.
The following window will confirm that the Setup has been completed. Here you've got the choice to form this printer your default printer. you'll select it 19. and click on Next.
20. Few more screens will appear. you've got to easily proceed by clicking Next on them.
21. Finally, you'll reach the top of the method . This screen will confirm that the “Installation” has been completed successfully. Now hit the Exit button.
22. At last, restart your computer to conclude Canon Pixma TS3170 setup.