First Time Setting Up Canon MX490 Setup
Before you start the setup procedure for the printer, confirm certain details.
• A properly setup wireless router is important for the connection. A wireless router is one that connects the network devices in your home (computer, printer, then on) to the web on your home network. you want to make sure that the network is performing well with strong signals.
• Your computer must be connected to the house network for quick and straightforward Setup.
- 1. You must assure that your printer is connected to the facility source and is turned on. Its power lamp must be lit.
2. You must Press the printer’s Setup button. you'll identify it easily. it's a button with the setup icon on your printer.
3. Your printer’s Setup Menu will open up. With the assistance of navigation keys, you want to select the Wireless LAN Setup.
4. Press the OK button.
5. Wireless LAN Setup dropbox will present multiple options. you want to select the opposite Setup.
6. Now, press OK.
7. The Other Setup will provide two methods. you want to choose the Cableless Setup and Press OK.
8. This renders your Canon Pixma MX492 Printer ready for wireless LAN connection within the “Cableless setup” method.
9. Type >http://canon.com/ijsetup.com/in your internet browser to open the specified website.
10. It will display the Setup link. you'll need to click thereon to follow it.
11. The next window is going to be the merchandise Selection screen. Canon Pixma MX492 Printer must be typed within the box near the highest. Click Go.
12. Next page prompts you to pick Your Region. you want to specify it correctly.
13. Next screen will appear, after confirming your region. This page will have a button that says Download. Click thereon. this may begin the download.
14. It may or might not ask you to save lots of the downloaded file. If it does, you ought to make it to some extent to save lots of it safely on your computer.
15. Wait for the download to finish which can take several minutes.
16. Double-click the downloaded .dmg file, once the download is completed.
17. This will automatically begin the Setup for you. Now just keep an eye fixed on the screen and follow on-screen instructions.
18. Next window will display details of your printer. you would like to click Next thereon if it shows the right details.
19. Following window gives you options for the connection method. you want to choose the Wireless Lan Connection.
20. The subsequent screen will expect you to settle on the specified Wireless Lan Connection Method. Select Connect via a wireless router.
21. Now, you'll get the printer available on the network. Simply click Next.
22. Again, you'll be prompted to pick the Setup procedure. you'll need to select the Cableless Setup option. Click Yes just in case if the .NET Framework screen appears.
23. Simply click Next once you see an inventory of software available for Installation.
24. This will start the installation process for your printer. it's going to take a couple of moments. you're required to follow any on-screen instructions if prompted.
25. When the Setup Completion window appears, click the entire button.
26. Click Next on the window that confirms the completion of the Setup.
27. The Installer might take you to a different box seeking permission for the Extended Survey Program. you'll Agree or afflict it after reading the small print that supported your choice.
28. Test Print Window is going to be displayed next. This test is run to see the printer’s operation. you want to load plain paper to the printer. Thereafter, you would like to click Execute on your display screen. Click Next. rather than Execute, you'll simply click Next if you would like to skip the test.
29. This completes the Installation. Click Exit on the subsequent window that confirms an equivalent.