Canon imageClass LBP712Cx Install
First, prepare the Canon Maxify MB5170 printer for setup.
• First of all, prepare the Canon Maxify MB5170 printer for the setup. Therefore, follow the steps below for its "hardware setup".
• To begin, place your Canon Maxify MB5170 printer in a flat and secure place. Make sure that it's within the signal range of your network access point i.e. your router.
• Now, carefully unbox your printer. Then remove all the packaging material from the within and out of doors of the printer.
• Next, you ought to plug the facility cord into the printer and therefore the other end into a wall outlet.
• Then, press the “ON” button located on the highest to power it up. Confirm that its "power lamp" is lit and stable.
• Thereafter, unpack the “Printhead” and punctiliously install it in its designated location by adjusting the Paper Tray.
• After that, unpack the "ink tank" and insert it properly.
• As a result, it'll lit the “Printhead” and “Ink” Lamps.
• Subsequently, adjust its “Paper Tray” and punctiliously load it with plain A4 size sheets.
• After this, just in case if the printer begins the initialization process. Then, await the method to finish.
Establishing Connection between the Printer and Network
• First and foremost, activate your network access point i.e. router.
• Now, make sure that the pc is turned on and properly connected to the network. It must be connected to an equivalent router/ network with which you would like to attach your Canon imageCLASS LBP712Cx. In addition, network settings must be completed on your computer. this is often extremely important because you'll not be ready to use the printer on the network just in case of any issue with the network settings.
• Next, you ought to connect your Canon imageCLASS LBP712Cx with the router to configure it. As such, you'll need a coaxial cable. it's usually not included in your Canon Printer package. this suggests you're required to get it from the market. Here, you want to be very cautious about using only the coaxial cable , not a telephone cable. this is often because both look very similar and it's easy to urge confused between them. Hence, you want to procure it beforehand.
• Subsequently, you ought to search for the Ethernet port on your printer. It must be located on the left side at the rear of the printer. you'll find a “LAN” icon beside the port. Now, remove the “Safety Cap” on the port.
• Thereafter, plug one end of the coaxial cable into the Ethernet connection port on the printer. At an equivalent time, connect the opposite end of the cable on the “Network Router or Hub”. Here, you want to make sure that the coaxial cable is correctly “plugged in” to the proper port on the printer and router.
• After that, approach the “Operational Panel” of the printer. Here, you'll find the “Menu” tab on the left-hand side of your printer’s “Display Screen”. you'll easily identify it because it is marked with a Home icon. Hence, press the “Menu” tab.
• The following screen will have a “Wireless Connection” icon on the rock bottom left corner. For example, press this to open the wireless settings screen.
• The subsequent screen lists various available options. Hence, choose the “LAN Settings” tab.
• Next, choose the “Wired LAN” option.
• Now tap on the "Wired LAN Active / Inactive" button.
• Next, click on the tab and select the status as "Active".
• Finally, click on the "Menu" tab on the left side of the screen. Then, await the configuration to finish. Consequently, you'll find the “Ethernet/ LAN” icon on the rock bottom left corner of the monitor after the connection is complete.
• Besides that, you ought to check the LNK Indicator locate beside the Ethernet Port. make sure that is correctly lit and stable.
• Thereafter, it'll automatically set the IP address. Hence, await around 2 minutes.
• This finishes printer configuration with the router. Now, proceed to put in the Canon imageCLASS LBP712Cx Driver/ Software on your computer.
Download And Install Canon imageCLASS LBP712Cx Drivers
• First of all, activate your Canon imageCLASS LBP712Cx Printer, Computer, and Router.
• Then, make sure that both the printer and therefore the computer are properly connected to the network. Moreover, they ought to be connected to an equivalent network or the router.
• Now, insert the installation CD into the system’s CD drive.
• As a result, it'll automatically open the Canon imageCLASS LBP712Cx Setup wizard. However, just in case if the “Setup CD-ROM” doesn't autorun. Then, eject the CD and reinsert it into the computer’s CD drive. Next, click "My Computer" from the "Start" menu of your Windows device. Next, you ought to select CD-ROM and double-click the “Canon imageCLASS LBP712Cx Setup File”. On the opposite hand, Mac users should double-click the “Canon Laser” icon from the “Desktop”. Then, click on the “Setup File” from the “Selection Window”.
• Next, you ought to click on “Run” to initiate the installation process.
• Thereafter, if the “User Account Control” window prompts you to allow the installation. Then, click on “Yes” to allow an equivalent.
• Consequently, it'll open the “Canon imageCLASS LBP712Cx Setup Wizard”. Here, you want to click on the "Start Setup" button.
• The following window will prompt you to pick your country or region. Therefore, make an appropriate choice. Then, click “Next”.
• Subsequently, it'll redirect you to the “License Agreement” window. Now, closely review the document. Then, select “Yes” to simply accept the terms.
• The next window will take you to the “Extended Survey Program” window. Now, read the small print carefully. you'll either join it or leave it. Hence, click on either “Agree” or “Disagree” as per your choice. Another key point to recollect is that just in case you comply with it. Then, Canon will have access to certain information recorded in your printer. In other words, your computer will collect the knowledge and send it to Canon through the web. Canon uses this information for the event and marketing of its products while maintaining the confidentiality of your data.
• Thereafter, it'll display the Firewall Settings. Here, you want to make sure that the “Deactivate the Block” option is chosen. then, click on “Next”.
• The next window will provide you with the “Network Connection” and “Printer” information. Therefore, check an equivalent and ensure that the small print is correct. Then, select “Yes” to proceed.
• As a result, it'll continue with the “Setup”.
• After this, just in case if it provides you with the “Select wireless router” Window with an inventory of obtainable networks. Then, select your router and enter its network key i.e. the password. Thereafter, click “Next”.
• Here, you want to remember that the Canon imageCLASS LBP712Cx Setup will take a while. Besides, it'll temporarily disable your network connection.
• Finally, the subsequent window will notify you about the completion of “Network Connection”. As such, click “Next” to proceed.
• As such, it'll declare “Setup has been completed” within the next window. additionally thereto, it'll prompt you to form this machine your “Default Printer”. Hence, just in case if you would like to form it a “Default Printer”. Then, select it and click on “Next”.
• At last, it'll confirm that the installation has been completed successfully. Hence, click on “Exit” to shut the Installer.