Canon IJ Network Tool
Canon IJ Network Tool may be a utility software that permits you to vary the Network settings of your printer. during this manual, you'll get a comprehensive procedure to line up and launch the tool, measure the printer network connection performance, and alter the printer wireless settings using the tool.
Easy-to-Follow Process To Setup Canon IJ Network Tool
Canon IJ Network Tool is often installed with the Printer Driver package. Here is that the complete and illustrative procedure by following which you'll install the Canon IJ Network Tool on your system.
- 1. Run a current version of any browser on your system. Now, navigate to the Official website of Canon by inserting ij.start.cannon within the address bar. The Canon homepage will inherit view after you press the Enter key on your keyboard.
2. Select the “Drivers & Download” link given at the upper-right corner of the homepage and sort your Canon printer name into the search field. Then, select your particular model from the list shown, and press the Enter key.
3. There you'll view a “Drivers & Downloads” tab, select it to succeed in the driving force download section. Validate the chosen information i.e OS and Language and make the specified changes accordingly.
4. From the Recommended Drivers section, click “Select” to display the Download option. All you would like is to pick the Download button to urge the setup file on your system.
5. Once the driving force package is downloaded, click Run to launch the installer window. Then, click Next. Now, power on your printer and connect it to an equivalent Wi-Fi Network SSID as your computer.
6. Your computer will display the name of your Printer. Select your printer to maneuver forward with the subsequent step. Now, it'll show you an inventory of drivers and extra software that you simply can install on your PC.
7. Select the Canon IJ Network Tool checkbox then click on the subsequent button. With this, the License Agreement window is going to be available on your screen. Read the agreement thoroughly without leaving any statement.
8. If you've got no queries or issues with the agreement, click Yes and therefore the printer driver with the Canon IJ Network Tool will start installing on your PC. When done, click Complete.
How to launch the Tool on your system?
- • Click on the beginning icon on your Windows computer.
• It will display all the apps that are already installed on your PC. Locate the “IJ Scan Utility” app then right-click thereon.
• Following this, it'll show you the Utility software that's installed with the driving force package.
• Select Canon IJ Network Tool to launch its main interface.
- • You first need to open the Finder app on your Mac. Now, select the appliance folder which you'll spot at the left-panel of the Finder window.
• The next screen will show all the apps that are installed on your Mac. Lookup for the “Canon Utilities” folder then right-click thereon .
• Finally, select the “Canon IJ Network Tool” to open it.
Measure the Network Connection Performance Through Canon IJ Network Tool
Connect your printer to the pc by using the USB cable then follow the below-mentioned steps to feature your printer to the IJ Network Tool.
- 1. Once you open the tool, select the “Setup” option. Setup Preparations pop-up box will get displayed on your screen. Click on the OK button.
2. The Setup screen will inherit view. Select the printer model that you simply want to line abreast of the network then click OK.
3. Following this, it'll show you the Access Point screen. Select the Access Point that you simply want to use and available near you, specify its password, and click on Connect.
4. Now, the Setup Completion window appears, power off your printer, detach the USB cable, and place the printer at your required location. Thereafter, activate the printer then click on the subsequent button.
5. The IJ Network Tool will now determine the connection performance among your printer and access point. By measuring the connection performance, the tool will indicate whether the present network speed is suitable for printing or not.
6. If the network connectivity is weak, place your printer on the brink of the access point and click on Next. When the Connection Measurement is completed and therefore the network connectivity is sweet, click Finish.
7. In the next screen, make a variety for your printer then click on the “Add” tab. If you're unable to seek out your printer, click on the “More Printers” icon, then click Add.
How to Check and Change Printer Wireless Network Settings
Below-mentioned is that the complete procedure through which you'll configure your printer wireless settings supported your choice.
- 1. First of all, connect your printer to the PC with the assistance of a USB cable. Now, launch the Canon IJ Network tool then select the “Printers” option.
2. Select the printer that's connected to your PC then click on the Configuration tab. this may mention the configuration window where you'll easily change all the printer wireless settings on the idea of your preference.
3. Select the “Wireless LAN” option first. Here you'll view the chosen Network Type i.e AirPort Network(Infra) or Direct Connection.
4. In the Network SSID field, it'll show you the network name to which your printer is connected. If you would like to modify to a different network, click on the Search tab and choose the Wireless router to which you would like to attach your printer.
5. Now, select the Encryption Method i.e WPA/WPA2 or WEP by clicking on the Up or Down key arrows. Then, click Set.
6. Now, place your cursor within the TCP/IP settings field, and choose the “Get IP Address Automatically” option. After making all the changes, click on the OK button.
7. Now, click on the Admin Password tab. Select the checkbox of “Use Admin Password”. In doing so, you'll see two different fields i.e “Password” and “Password Confirmation”.
8. Set a password that has got to include a minimum of 4 characters and a maximum of 32 characters. Also, the password must contain both letters and numbers. Then, type the password again into the subsequent field for verification.
9. Once you've got configured all the settings, click on the OK button. With this, a pop-up will get displayed on your screen asking you to enter the admin password. Click OK and therefore the settings are going to be sent to your printer. during this manner, you'll view all the wireless settings of your printer and alter it as per your preference.