First Time fixing Canon Pixma E3170 Install
1. A properly found out wireless router is important for the connection. A wireless router is one that connects the network devices in your home (computer, printer, then on) to the web on your home network. you want to make sure that the network is performing well with strong signals.
2. Your computer must be connected to the house network for quick and straightforward Setup.
Connect Canon Pixma E3170 To The Network
1. First of all, you must place the printer at a convenient location which is accessible from your computer. Additionally, it must be within the signal range of your network access point i.e. your router.
2. Now, plug in the printer’s power cable to a power source and “Switch It On”.
3. Next, you must “Turn On” the printer by pressing its “Power” button.
4. As a result, it will lit the printer’s “Power Lamp” which must be stable. However, if it keeps on flashing. Then, press the “Stop” button.
5. Additionally, if the printer is performing certain processes like Cleaning, Print Head Alignment, etc. Then, you must wait for the same to complete.
6. Now, press and hold the “Wifi Direct” button located on the top of the printer. Release it when the alarm lamp flashes.
7. As a result, a “Wireless” icon and “Horizontal Bars” must start flashing on the display screen of Canon Pixma E3170.
8. As soon as, the “Wireless” icon and “Horizontal Bars” start flashing on your printer’s display screen, approach your router. Here, you must ensure that you are accessing the same router with which your computer is connected. This is especially important in case of multiple connection networks in your home.
9. Thereafter, you must press and hold its WPS button within 2 minutes.
10. As such, the “Wireless” icon and “Horizontal Bars” on Canon Pixma E3170 printer will continue flashing while searching for the network.
11. After that, the printer’s “Power” and “Wi-Fi Lamp” will flash when connecting to the router.
12. Subsequently, the “Power” and “Wi-Fi Lamp” will stop flashing and remains lit. This indicates that the printer is securely connected to the network.
13. Now, you can print out your printer’s “Network Settings Page” to confirm that it is successfully configured. For this, check your printer’s “Paper Tray”. It must be loaded with sheets of A4 sized plain paper.
14. Next, you should press and hold the “Resume/ Cancel” button until the alarm lamp flashes 15 times. Then, release the button.
15. As such, it will print the network settings page.
16. Here, you must confirm certain details as mentioned below.
The “Connection” status must be “Active”.
The SSID – Service Set Identifier (the name of your wireless network) must indicate the correct name of your wireless network.
17. This completes your printer configuration with the WiFi network.
Installing Canon Pixma E3170 Printer Drivers/ Softwares
First of all, you must acquire a compatible USB cable to connect the printer to your computer. It is usually provided with the printer. However, in case if haven’t got it. Then, you can easily purchase it from the market.
Now, turn on both your printer and the computer. Along with that, ensure that your computer is connected to a secure, high-speed internet connection.
Next, you should plug in one end of the USB cable to the printer and the other end to your computer.
As a result, your system will automatically detect the printer and download the drivers and additional software including the “Canon Inkjet Print Utility”.
Subsequently, these will be automatically installed to your system.
Hence, you must wait for the entire process while ensuring the system stays connected to the internet and the printer.
This completes the installation of drivers for Canon Pixma E3170.
First of all, turn on both your printer and the computer.
Then, open an internet browser on your computer.
Now, go to “canon.com/ijsetup” by typing the address in your browser’s search bar.
This website will display the “Setup Link” on the Home Page. Hence, click on it to proceed further.
As a result, it will redirect you to the “Product Selection Page”. Hence, type in Canon Pixma E3170 Printer in the specified search box at the top. Then, click on “Go”.
The following window will prompt you to select “Your Region”. Hence, specify it correctly.
The next window will provide you with a highlighted “Download” button for downloading the required drivers/ software. Hence, click on it to initiate the download process.
Meanwhile, it may prompt you to save the downloaded file. As such, you should save it safely on your computer.
As a result, it will start the download process which will take some time. Hence, wait for it to complete.
Subsequently, locate the downloaded file on your computer. Then, double-click on it to open it.
As such, it will automatically start the Setup procedure. However, you must keep an eye on the screen and follow on-screen instructions.
The following window will display details of your printer. Hence, check the details and click “Next” in case of accurate details.
The following window gives you options for the connection method. You must choose the “Wireless Lan Connection”.
The next window will prompt you to choose the desired “Wireless Lan Connection Method”. Hence, select “Connect via Wireless Router”.
As a result, it will confirm that the “Printer is available on the Network”. Hence, click “Next’.
Now, it will prompt you to select the “Setup Procedure”. Hence, chose the “Cableless Setup” option.
Thereafter, click “Yes” in case you get the “.NET Framework “ window.